Polytex offers a full line of commercially available packages using monomaterials and high PCR content, as well as a range of options that can be developed with in-house biofilm capability. We are proud not only of our own sustainable-material innovations, but also of our partnerships with customers and vendors to make substantial changes in the entire supply chain.
The PurE family of products is a range of 100% polyethylene (PE) films and bags which are 100% recyclable and retain all of the performance benefits customers have come to expect from multi-structure laminated films and bags. Our PurE products leverage a decade of product development, and first of its kind extrusion capacity in the United States, to create an oriented PE film with equivalent properties to traditional PET films.
What’s different about PurE is what’s not different:
• PurE films achieve 30% less haze than traditional PE films enabling clear reverse print with seamless lamination;
• PurE films have up to 90% less elongation than traditional PE films, which are similar to PET laminates to allow fast fill speeds on packaging lines;
• PurE films can achieve a high melt index to create strong seals without sticking or melting during conversion and fill;
• PurE films are up to 300% stiffer than traditional PE films allowing packages to stand up on the shelf;
• PurE films can incorporate high oxygen barriers and moisture barrier properties;
• PurE films can incorporate up to 50% PCR and is compatible with our existing closed loop recycling programs.
The Polytex PurE line of products is available today across all pet food packaging formats including quad seal bags and stand up pouches.
Package design, both in terms of materials used and form factor, has important environmental ramifications.
Polytex has successfully developed material structures that are 100% recyclable including replacing PET and PP products with 100% PE, which allows your current packages such as pouches, snack foods and laminated woven pet food bags to be collected and recycled within existing recycling infrastructures. Furthermore, through our full circle recycling program, we continue to increase our commitment to increase the amount of post consumer recycled material used within our other products.
The impact of packaging on the health of our planet cannot be overstated. From manufacturing to transportation to shelf life considerations, the importance of diligent attention to packaging is of grave importance.
At Polytex we are committed to developing products to help you extend shelf life and minimize losses throughout the distribution chain. Our practically indestructible packaging will allow you to ship as much as twice as many bags per truck and store more product at your distribution center.